With talks of climate change and the effect of greenhouse gas emissions, it’s no wonder that environmental impact is one of the things we consider when looking for a car. Fuel-efficient vehicles are taking center stage in the automotive market. Propane-fueled vehicles are also gaining popularity because of their smaller impact on the environment compared to vehicles running on gasoline and diesel. If you want to convert to propane in Bucks County, you’ll find affordable options and more than 2,500 refueling stations all over the country to ease your way into a greener lifestyle.
If you’re considering getting a new car and would like to have the most fuel-efficient one possible, here are some of the top choices available in the market today.
- Mazda 6 6AT, 38 mpg – also known as the Mazda 6 Grand Touring, it brings a lot to the table not only in terms of fuel savings but also a satisfying driving experience. Motorists praise its exceptional brakes, steering, and suspension, plus it’s really a delight to look at. For greater value and fuel efficiency, better get the manual. The manual version tops the automatic, clocking in at 40 mpg on the highway, thanks to the i-ELOOP fuel-saving system, which is part of the Grand Touring technology package.
- Mazda 3 hatchback, 41 mpg – if the Mazda 6 is too big for your tastes, its little brother is just the car for you. This hatchback prides itself on its style and Skyactiv engine that makes it run up to 41 miles on a single gallon.
- Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 6AT, 46 mpg – This good ol’ Chevy in diesel is unstoppable when it comes to both affordability and fuel economy. The Eco model is not so bad, either—it gets 42 mpg on the highway and 28 in the city, and has plenty of cargo and passenger space too.
- Mitsubishi Mirage, 44 mpg – the Mirage may be small, but look at it get 44 miles on a single gallon on the highway.
- Ford Fiesta SFE, 40 mpg – the Fiesta is available as a hatchback and as a sedan, but the hatchback version is definitely among a favorite among motorists because of its design. The Fiesta’s 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine gets a fuel-efficiency rating of 40 mpg on the highway and 29 mpg in the city. The SFE package includes low-rolling resistance tires that serve to make the car more fuel-efficient.
- Hyundai Elantra, 40 mpg – The Elantra with the 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine gets 40 highway mpg and makes use of the Active Eco System that works to make the transmission controls and the engine more fuel efficient without sacrificing vehicle performance.
- VW Golf TDI Diesel 6AT/6MT, 42 mpg – the Golf series just keeps getting better and better, and with the 2014 Volkswagen Golf TDI, you won’t look for more. This version proves that crowd favorite VW has indeed gone beyond expectations and perfected the art of compression-ignition cars.
- 2014 Ford Focus, 37 mpg – the Focus has great overall value; not only does it have high fuel efficiency, it is also affordable. Perfect for small families and young professionals on the go.