In which we bring you motoring news from around the Web:
• On Wednesday evening, General Motors introduced the 2013 GMC Terrain Denali, a higher-zoot version of its compact crossover, with luxury amenities and the option of a more powerful engine. The Terrain’s 3-liter V-6 has been replaced by a version of the direct-injection 3.6-liter V-6 found elsewhere in G.M.’s product line, including in the Cadillac SRX crossover and CTS sedan, producing 301 horsepower in the Terrain. GMC says the 3.6-liter power plant achieves the same fuel economy as its less powerful predecessor. The standard 182-horsepower 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine would still be available at the Denali trim level, which includes chrome exterior finishes, Denali badges on the leather seats and a touch-screen infotainment system. Pricing will be announced this fall. (General Motors)
Continue reading The Luxury Fishing Lodge Edition
While luxury is at the heart of Lexus, the automaker will be showing off a bit of its wild side at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show.
Lexus will be packing plenty of performance in its 20,000-square-foot exhibit with displays dedicated to sporty accessorization and sheer, unbridled horsepower.
Continue reading Lexus Exhibit Will Exude ‘Performance’ at 2011 Chicago Auto Show
• Lower Cost of Ownership with Regular Fuel
• Standard 10-Way Power Front Seats and Leather Trim Provide Interior Oasis
• Standard Brake Override System
After amenity upgrades and styling enhancements last year, the Lexus ES 350 cruises into the 2011 model year using 87-octane regular fuel. 2011 ES 350 customers will continue to enjoy a smooth and quiet ride as the cost of ownership is reduced. With the new fuel recommendation of 87-octane gasoline, the ES 350 generates 268 horsepower and has EPA fuel economy estimates of 19 miles per gallon in the city and 27 on the highway. ES 350 will be enrobed with one new exterior color, Deep Sea Mica, which replaces Black Sapphire Pearl.
Continue reading Lexus ES 350 Continues to Symbolize Luxury and Style
• Available in All-Wheel Drive and Front Wheel Drive Models
• 3.5L V6 Produces 275 Horsepower
• Standard New Brake Override System
The third-generation RX 350 continues to raise the bar for design, engineering and luxury innovation in the luxury crossover segment it created in 1998. After introducing the all-new RX 350 for the 2010 model year, the RX coasts into 2011 with a new brake override system and additional exterior colors.
Continue reading Lexus RX 350 Seamlessly Blends Luxury and Utility
The full-size A8 sedan embodies the Vorsprung durch Technik for which Audi is renowned. The brand now presents the new top version of its flagship: The long-wheelbase A8 L sets standards for luxury, dynamics and efficiency. It will debut in fall 2010 with five engines, including the powerful twelve-cylinder with 368 kW (500 hp).
The Audi A8 L impresses with a presence of powerful confidence – it is a large, distinguished luxury sedan. Length and wheelbase have both been stretched by 13 centimeters (5.12 in) versus the standard version; the A8 L measures 5.27 meters (17.29 ft). All of this added length is to the benefit of the rear seat passengers.
Continue reading The new high-tech flagship of the brand – The Audi A8 L