Lexus debuts the 3rd Generation 2014 IS sport sedan, which has a impressive design emphasized through the latest dynamic trademark spindle grill and also for the very first time split LED Daytime Running Lights. With the multitude of “aggressive elegance,” an ever more powerful road presence along with a stronger brand name identity assist in making the latest IS models a lot more appealing than ever before.
Thanks largely to significantly enhanced total body rigidity, the 2014 Lexus IS offers a lot more dynamic driving experience along with improved stability and the body control while delivering enhanced ride comfort and ease. Latest, laser-screw welding as well as adhesive body-bonding techniques, together with additional spot welding, help to make the higher rigidity achievable. An all-new multilink rear suspension, improved front suspension and steering based on the well-received GS sedan will be implemented in the more compact IS package. Two IS models are available for 2014. The IS 250 is powered by a smooth 2.5- liter V6 delivering 204 horsepower @ 6,400rpm and 185 lb.-ft. torque @ 4,800rpm. The engine is paired with a six-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission (ECT) which includes a sequential manual-shifting mode with rev matched downshifts in SPORT mode.
The substantially more thrilling IS 350 gets a 3.5-liter V6 along with D4-S direct and port fuel injection. The 3.5 engine generates 306 horsepower at 6,400rpm, 277 lb.-ft. torque at 4,800rpm. The IS 350 inherits the eight-speed, Sport Direct Shift (SPDS) automatic transmission belonging to the IS F high-performance model. This particular transmission features paddle shifters as well as the G-force Artificial Intelligence (G-AI) system, that automatically determines the ideal gear and downshift pattern reacting to G force. Intended for each of those IS models, an electronically controlled all-weather drive system is made to assist improve traction and grip under virtually all driving conditions simply by automatically varying front-to-rear torque balance from 50:50 up to 30:70.
A whole new Drive Mode Select system features as many as five driving modes. The IS 250 and IS 350 feature ECO, NORMAL, and SPORT modes. The IS 350 F SPORT features 4 drive modes: ECO, NORMAL, SPORT S, and SPORT S+. These drive modes are customized in order to meet the driver’s preferred combination of economy, comfort, performance and handling characteristics. Furthermore, AWD models also boast a SNOW mode.
The available F SPORT package incorporates exclusive 18-inch wheels along with special suspension tuning, one of a kind exterior and interior design and style. It will be available for IS 250 and IS 350 RWD and AWD models. The Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) featured on IS 350 F SPORT permits the car owner to optimize the IS FSPORT’s ride characteristics which includes a selection of two configurations; Normal, for daily traveling comfort and ease, and SPORT S or SPORT S+ mode, for enhanced body control and agility. Exclusive for all IS 350 models and IS 250 F SPORT, is an intake sound generator that produces a lot more sporting engine note.
The Lexus LFA supercar made available design ideas for the driver-focused Lexus IS cockpit. F SPORT models acquire the revolutionary TFT instrumentation along with moving center ring belonging to the LFA.
The driver can take pleasure in superior seating position and headroom, whilst the rear seat delivers tremendously increased roominess, ingress , and egress. Isolating the bumps from the springs results in a larger trunk, as well.
New luxuries are plentiful in the 2014 Lexus IS. A high-efficiency dual-zone climate control system uses new, touch-sensitive electrostatic temperature switches. The IS offers two multi-media systems. A regular high-resolution Lexus Display Audio (LDA) with controller or the optional Lexus navigation system.
The navigation system is operated via a second-generation Lexus Remote Touch Interface (RTI) multi-function control device, that also enables control of the climate, audio, phone controls plus much more.
The available Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System utilizes new loudspeaker technology with Fifteen speakers and 835 watts, for even more life-like sound reproduction.
Ten Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbags are standard. The IS models make use of the innovative Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system, that incorporates Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Traction Control (TRAC) and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) active safety systems with the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) or, where fitted (for IS 350 F SPORT), Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS).
The latest IS could also be equipped with the available pre-emptive Pre-Collision System (PCS), which includes Adaptive Cruise Control. The model range includes numerous sophisticated new active safety features, which includes an Automatic High Beam (AHB) headlamp system, a Lane Departure Alert (LDA) system, a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) system plus a standard Auto Location Tire Pressure Warning System (AL-TPWS).
- New construction techniques include laser screw welding and adhesive body bonding that help provide a substantial increase in overall body rigidity.
- New rear sub frame and cowl side braces help to further enhance handling control and steering response.
- Revised front suspension with a 20 percent increase in sway rigidity and a new multilink rear suspension to help provide increased grip and control.
- New Electric Power Steering System for a smoother more accurate feel with greater feedback.
- One 17-inch wheel design and three 18-inch wheel designs.
- High- and ultra-high-tensile steel body structure help provide excellent optimal occupant protection.
- Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Adaptive Cruise Control; PCS enables deceleration when the driver applies the brakes automatically activating Brake Assist which can increase the braking force under certain conditions if the system can help decelerate the vehicle.
- Ten SRS airbags; two-stage dual SRS front airbags, driver and front passenger SRS knee airbags, front and rear (new) SRS side airbags, as well as full length SRS side curtain airbags.
- New interior design with LFA-inspired, driver-focused cockpit and enhanced rear seat roominess and luggage capacity.
- New quilted driver’s seat offers greater comfort and better lateral support.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with new, touch-sensitive electrostatic switches.
- Lexus Display Audio (LDA) with display audio controller.
- Available Lexus navigation system with Remote Touch Interface (RTI) and Enform App Suite.
- 4.2-inch full color multi-information display including audio, trip, navigation, phone, ambient temperature.
- Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System with new, Unity, Wide Dispersion and Inverted Motor Structure loudspeaker technology with 15 speakers and 835-watts
- The wheelbase of the 2013 IS has been increased by nearly three inches. Width has been increased by nearly half an inch, for an aggressive stance.
- The 2014 IS introduces a further evolution of the spindle grille from the GS and LS models, featuring a more three-dimensional design with a chrome-plated frame and darker gray insert from top to bottom.
- Standard HID low/high beam headlamps with LED DRLs and available twin projector LED low/ high beam headlamps.
- Eight exterior colors: Starfire Pearl, Ultra White Metallic (new and exclusive to F SPORT), Nebula Gray Pearl, Silver Lining Metallic (new), Atomic Silver (new), Obsidian, Matador Red Mica, and Deep Sea Mica.
- Driver-oriented cockpit design inspired by Lexus LFA supercar.
- Dashboard is divided into two distinct zones, a display zone and an operation zone, offering drivers more comfortable, ergonomically ideal interaction with the vehicle’s control systems.
- Combination of longer wheelbase and a special front seat design increases rear seat legroom by 1.6 inches
- Standard 60:40 split-folding rear seats.
- Five interior colors: Black, Light Gray, Parchment, Flaxen and Rioja Red (exclusive to FSPORT)
- Soft touch finishes throughout, including padding on the center console sides.
- Silver metallic trim analog clock with surface-emitting illumination.
- 48 month/50,000-mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.