Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juechter said – “Until recently it was not possible to create a lightweight, open-roof structure strong enough to cope with the braking, cornering and acceleration of Corvette’s top performance models,The frame for the Z06 convertible leverages advancements in computer-aided engineering, metallurgy and manufacturing techniques — many of which were not available just five years ago.”
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 convertible Specs:
- The aluminum chassis is 20 percent stiffer than the previous Corvette Z06.
it needed no structural reinforcements to lose the top
- The thick fabric top is offered in four colors
- Features a glass rear window and folds down while driving at speeds of up to 30 mph
- Trans and differential coolers are relocated to the under-body due to power top mechanism
- New LT4 6.2-liter supercharged V8 Engine(625 hp and 635 lb-ft of torque)
- Direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing
- Seven-speed manual transmission is standard and eight-speed automatic with paddle shifters is optional
- Has octo-trans with four gearsets and five clutches
- There is Launch control, Chevy’s Performance Traction Management system and an electronic limited-slip differential
- Will be offered in three basic configurations:
- The standard Z06 features the front splitter, spats around the front wheel openings, a unique carbon fiber hood and rear spoilers.
- The carbon fiber aero package adds a carbon fiber front splitter with winglets, carbon fiber rocker panels and a large rear spoiler with a fixed wickerbill.
- The Z07 package adds larger winglets and an adjustable center section on the rear spoiler.
- Price is not announced(our guess starting around $80,000)